Welcome to the Construction Corner. This page will be dedicated to construction news and updates. We will also post updates on the bulletin board in the vestibule and in the weekly bulletin..
Dear Corpus Christi,
In consideration for the safety and security of each and every one of you, our beloved parishioners, I hereby inform you that our Holy Week and Easter celebrations will be in the gym.
The construction team, Moeller Purcell, tried to fulfill their promise of having the inside of the church ready and usable for our Holy Week and Easter celebrations, and indeed, they kept their word.
Unfortunately, after much investigation, research and testing, the fire alarm system in the church building simply does not work. It is a 1970s model panel that has no capability of being monitored and is beyond repair at this point. Therefore, we will not be able to obtain our Certificate of Occupancy in time for our Easter celebrations.
I sincerely solicit your understanding, sacrifice and patience. Please continue to be as flexible as you have been throughout this time. I imagine and understand the numerous challenges and readjustments that are involved, and beforehand, I appreciate your collaboration.
At the same time, I crave your indulgence and wholeheartedly seek your maximum cooperation to see that we have a successful Holy Week and Easter Celebration. We look forward to moving back into the church as soon as possible. We encourage you to continue to check the website, Construction Corner and the bulletin for future updates.
Fr. Paschal Amagba, CMF
CLICK HERE to view the Holy Week Schedule
· Painting of the walls and ceilings is finished.
· The floor tile in the church is mostly completed and it is just beautiful! We hope you all agree.
· The windows are being installed; please note the transept windows that will let in wonderful light at the altar.
· The stained glass for those windows is being planned.
· The carpet is next and should be completed by 3/11.
· The pews and kneelers will be placed the week of 3/14-3/18.
· The piano and organ will be back during the week of 3/14 as well.
The main entrance of the church will not be available for us to use during Holy Week and for many weeks to come as the front plaza has been demolished. The plaza and the new curb-to-door canopy may not be completed until May. We will, however, be able to enter the church through the Stone Mountain Room and the doorways on the back of the church.
Please continue to pray for the safety of our construction workers and give thanks for their handiwork!
· La pintura de las paredes y los techos se terminó.
· La losa de piso en la iglesia se completó en su mayoría y es simplemente hermoso! Esperamos que todos estén de acuerdo.
· Se están instalando las ventanas; tenga en cuenta las ventanas del crucero que le permitirá a la luz maravillosa en el altar. Se está planificando las vidrieras de las ventanas.
· La alfombra está al lado y debe ser completado por 3/11.
· Los bancos y reclinatorios serán colocados en la semana del 3 / 14-3 / 18.
· El piano y el órgano estarán de vuelta en la semana del 3/14 también.
La entrada principal de la iglesia no estará disponible para nosotros a usar durante la Semana Santa y durante muchas semanas a venir como la plaza delantera ha sido demolido. La plaza y el nuevo toldo de acera a la puerta no se puede completar hasta mayo. Nosotros, sin embargo, ser capaz de entrar en la iglesia a través de la sala de montaña de piedra y las puertas en la parte posterior de la iglesia.
Por favor, continúen orando por la seguridad de nuestros trabajadores de la construcción y dar gracias por su obra!
The following meetings and events will be postponed for the duration of the construction period:
· Eucharistic Adoration
· Coffee and Donuts
·Blood Pressure Screenings
· First Fridays: The Senior's Monthly Meeting & Mass
· And any activities that normally occur in the:
Cry Room, Stone Mountain Room or Beltran Room Annex.
· The Beltran Annex is being used as a Sacristy.
· The Stone Mountain Room is now setup as the church.
Please consider moving your meetings off site or suspending them during this period. The current phase of construction will end March 18th. Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
In case you missed it...
Read previous updates by clicking the Archives below.